338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Annihilation [PVE]

Skill Tree

Annihilation General Spec
36/8/2
General_zps5eabf1bb.png
*General Purpose Spec for most fights that doesn't allow you to proc retaliates effectively.

Annihilation MaxDPS Spec
36/8/2
MaxDPS_zpsaa529a6e.png
*Retaliation reduces 6-secs from Cloak of Pain, maximizing class dmg potential.

Annihilation Survival Spec
36/10/0
Survival_zps85851543.png
*Used for 30% reduction of AoE damage.
-Recommended for 16M-HM Dread Entity, 16M-HM Operator IX, 8M/16M-HM Titan 6, and 16M-HM Dread Styrak (I don't use it for Dread anymore thanks to good healers and tanks!)

=======================================================================

Rotation Tree

Opening
Jump + Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate > Ravage > Rupture (On proc) > Deadly Saber > ----Move to Priority

Priority
1. Berserk + Frenzy = Blood Thirst + Adrenal + Relic (Use before new rotation window by cooking 30 Fury from prior rotation window)
2. Deadly Saber(Either combined with timer from Force Jump or other priority ability)
3. Annihilate
3.1 *Dual Saber Throw (DST > Rupture 3 or more targets, can be used effectively to apply Deadly Saber)
4. Rupture
5. Ravage
5.1 *Dual Saber Throw (DST > Vicious Slash or Assault when only hitting 1 ~ 2 targets and not fury capping 26 building to 30)
6. Retaliate (Free hits when one has extra Rage outside of globals, hell ya)
7. Battering Assault
8. Force Jump
9. Vicious Slash (Used to burn extra rage, effective use when one is above 7 rage)
10. Assault

*Note: When mastering the rotation or acquiring the perfect balance of Power versus Crit chance, it is better to pool rage instead of getting caught below seven rage when priority window cooldowns refresh.

Burst Sub-30%
1. Deadly Saber (Use with either priority skill)
2. Annihilate
3. Vicious Throw
4. Rupture
5. Battering Assault
6. Jump
7. Ravage
*Note: When in the Sub-30% Range, you'll focus on your four primary dps abilities. Rage consumption becomes tight during this phase, so getting effective criticals, to resupply rage, helps to smooth out this phase.

============================================================================

Gear
General Gearing Priority (General census from noxxic with an update)

Accuracy (110%) >= Surge (75%) >= Strength > Power > Crit

To evaluate the availability of gear we'll adjust for Full BIS (Best in Slot) and scale down. These values can be changed at anytime, provided that testing has been done to show particular variation providing a higher potential dps values.

BIS for Underworld Gear (72)
1. Force Accuracy = 109.51 (395 Accuracy Rating)
2. Surge = 71.08 (395 Surge Rating)
3. Might (3094 Strength) > Power (1284 Power Rating)
4. Melee Crit % = 21.89% (139 Crit Rating) *About the best balance is between 114 ~ 150*

BIS for Kell Dragon Gear Speculation (75)
1. Force Accuracy = 109.95 (430 Accuracy Rating)
2. Surge = 72.01 (430 Surge Rating)
3. Might (3252 Strength) > Power (1379 Power Rating)
4. Melee Crit % = 22.82 (171 Crit Rating)

BIS for Dread Forged Gear Speculation (78)
1. Force Accuracy = 109.27/110.43 (376/470 Accuracy Rating)*
2. Surge = 74.82/72.96 (564/470 Surge Rating)*
3. Might (3472 Strength) > Power (1465 Power Rating)
4. Melee Crit % = 23.87 (207 Crit Rating)

*The Jury is still out on this until more theory/input is gathered, as power-focused spreadsheets say accuracy is better, but for crit-focused builds, the extra surge shows to be stronger, due to the influence crit has to surge (vice-versa).

Recommended Gear Pieces

Hilt = Advanced Might Hilt 34
Crystal = Advanced Black-Blue Hawkeye Crystal , Advanced Black-Blue Eviscerating Crystal
Armoring = Advanced Might Armoring 34
Mod = Advanced Deft Mod 34 , Advanced Potent Mod 34
Enhancement = Advanced Adept Enhancement 34 , Advanced Initiative Enhancement 34 , Advanced Acute Enhancement 34 , Advanced Battle Enhancement 34
Augment = Advanced Might Augment 28
Earpiece = Dread Forged WeaponMaster's Device
Implants = Dread Forged WeaponMaster's MK-V Package , Dread Forged Vindicator's MK-X Package
Relics = Dread Forged Relic of Serendipitous Assault & Kell Dragon Relic of Dark Radiance
Speculations

Calculators Currently in Circulation

-InoStyle Spreadsheet link from mmo-mechanics 'Annihilation Compendium' Annihilation Marauder
-Oofalong from mmo-mechanics 'Annihilation Compendium' *See attachment at bottom of this post*

Full Power versus Gorband: Show
==========================================================================

-Updated Skill Trees via Simulator (5/21/13)
-Updated Skill Tree Pictures for better resolution (5/21/13)
-Updated Gear Prioritization via Simulator (5/21/13)
-Added Annihilation Spreadsheet resourcing (6/18/13)
-Removed PVP Relic combinations and attached parses 'fixed as of 2.1.1' (6/18/13)
-Added Power vs. Crit support parses for averages & peak point. (6/18/13)
-Added General Spec, and Adjusted MaxDps & Survival Specs (6/30/13)
-Removed Power vs. Crit Support Parses (6/30/13)
-Adjusted Gearing Priority Stats, and Added Kell Dragon Stat Variant Speculation (6/30/13)
-Updated Full Power versus Gorband, new parse, adjusted crit value (11/17/13)
-Added Dread Forged Stat Variant speculation (11/17/13)
-Updated Recommended Gear pieces to current Content (11/17/13)
Attached Files
You must login to download files.

9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted Apr 20, 13 · OP · Last edited Nov 24, 13
338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Still have more work to do but this is a good start me thinks
9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted May 14, 13 · OP
314 posts
+7 Cookie's
Untagged users
Yay finally!
halfthor.com
Posted May 14, 13
187 posts
+4 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Holy cow!!! I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. APM and overall percentage of damage done per ability is within the ballpark

Roovin's mara parse

Unless im missing something :sick: my DPS shouldn't be that bad once I start gearing this guy up. Thanks a million for this guide Gorb, it's helping me out a lot.
Posted May 20, 13
253 posts
+9 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Snap, didn't realize you had added to it. Lookin good! I almost got Inigo out of all his leveling gear. Once I hit 55, gonna take this class for sure!
418abeaacd1d06c4.png
Posted May 20, 13
338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Northkorea wrote:
Holy cow!!! I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. APM and overall percentage of damage done per ability is within the ballpark

Roovin's mara parse

Unless im missing something :sick: my DPS shouldn't be that bad once I start gearing this guy up. Thanks a million for this guide Gorb, it's helping me out a lot.

Looks pretty good, just running down the list, you may been using VS a little more than usually which makes me think that you don't have the rage needed when your priorities come back up stunting potential but you may be getting lucky crits.
9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted May 20, 13 · OP
338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Updated talent point setup for both MaxDPS & Survival specs, and added the theories math for the change. Also updated Gear Prioritization and the stats one should be shooting for in BIS.
9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted May 21, 13 · OP · Last edited May 21, 13
314 posts
+7 Cookie's
Untagged users
When i decide to get my Marauder to 55 I'll try this. I'm just having too much fun with Sorc and Sin right now lol :sick:
halfthor.com
Posted May 23, 13
338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
In a week or so I'll check out full Power vs Crit on the dummy and stagger it with the crit pieces I do have. Simulator with Relics says 3058 dps and I'm currently 2850~2925, so we'll see.
9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted May 23, 13 · OP
338 posts
+13 Cookie's
Hall of Famer
Possible, we'll see after I BIS and confirm everything with testing. For now, I'd rather keep the info here, and if others find it they find it they get rewarded with my words for doing so lol.
9339fcd3d918fcb8.png
Posted May 23, 13 · OP
Page
of 6
Notices